In Saigon safe and sound
We are finally in Saigon (AKA Ho Chi Minh City) now. The trip here was pretty easy, about 6 hours including the border crossing and a restaurant stop. Our hotel is very nice, we have a balcony, wood floors, and pretty much everything else we could want.
It is Tet now (Vietnamese New Year) and that will last for about a week. Most things are closed today, because it is the big day. Businesses will be opening in the next few days I think, but the trains is closed until next Monday. This means that to get to our next stop, Hoi An, we will need to take a 20 hour bus trip.
that's all for now.
Tim
It is Tet now (Vietnamese New Year) and that will last for about a week. Most things are closed today, because it is the big day. Businesses will be opening in the next few days I think, but the trains is closed until next Monday. This means that to get to our next stop, Hoi An, we will need to take a 20 hour bus trip.
that's all for now.
Tim
6:03 AMGlad you are there and doing well --- Dad
8:41 AM
Happy New Year again --- Dad
12:45 PM
Happy New Year! Have fun in Vietnam, we all miss you guys. 20 hours in a bus...gross!
Not sure if I ever commented on your longer posts from Cambodia, but they were great; I really enjoyed them.
Be safe, have fun, keep up the awesome posting!
-Dan
7:43 PM
Hey Kelly and Tim!
Sorry I haven't posted yet, but I just read a bunch of your entries and it sounds like you two are having some great experiences!! I can't wait to see pics, I hope all is safe and well!
-Rachel
2:42 AM
Glad you all are enjoying the posts. We are having a fun time here. Just got back from the Botanical Gardens/Zoo in the city, lots of fun. Everybody is there it seems, because of the holiday.
Ill be posting tomorrow or in a few days from now...
-Tim
11:08 PM
Hi Kelly,
Got your postcard today - Thanks! Glad you guys are having a great time.
Cheers,
Prof. B
7:11 PM
Tim & Kelly just called --- getting on a bus to Hoi An --- about 20 hrs. north --- on the coast near Da Nang --- unable to post this morning --- wanted everyone to know they are fine and looking forward to the trip --- they toured some Viet Cong tunnels yesterday --- botanical gardens and zoo were pretty good the day before --- enjoying the food --- now that is pure Tim --- haven't seen much remaining of the war though --- Dad
» Post a Comment