The Original Harmony

"Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe." -Anatole France

Strange red seeds

Over the past week or so we noticed almost everyone in Vietnam was eating some strange red seeds. We were finally offered some when we were in Hue, they tasted quite good (although very hard to eat; it takes a lot of practice). The person who gave them to us said they were special for Tet, and also offered us some durian and ginger candy (both very good).

Just before we left Hue, I found some of my own and bought two little bags. It took me a while go get OK at eating them, but it seems clear that I am only OK since it still takes a lot of work and everyone else does it effortlessly.

But, it wasn't until today that I found out what these little red seeds were. When we were at a very nice street market with amazing flowers and tasty foods, there were also some spice stalls that had English names on everything. The bags containing these little seeds read "watermelon".

Has anyone else ever had watermelon seeds? They are really good. I'll be bringing some home.

-Tim
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:20 AM

Tim and Kelly,

Your adventures get even more exciting as you move about! Do you know what the professor from Maryland wants to discuss about the bird flu?

Jane    



12:17 PM

Tim,

I posted a comment but it didn't show up. I didn't have too much to say but thought I would mention it. Just that your adventures are getting better and better. I want to hear more about the watermelon seeds when you get home.

Jane    



12:19 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



10:07 PM

Tim, your anecdotes crack me up.

:o) Miss you and the Kell-ster, and look forward to some anecdotes in person!

Also, Dan said you were talking to Gordo about possible apartment stuff this summer. I am interested, if you don't mind...and I'm willing to do the legwork to find out more stuff. Email me at bliss.k@neu.edu if you want to let me know some of your ideas!

Take care! Much love,
Kara    



6:01 AM

Hi,

Aunt Jane, Yes, I just need to approve comments first before they go up. By doing this, I get to read them in my email first.
The professor from Maryland actually wanted to talk to me about my application, the bird flu was a separate thought, sorry.
Everything else is great.

Kara, That sounds great, I'll be sending you an email. We are having a great time here and will have plenty of stories. I don't know if people realise how much I am leaving out of these posts too. We are really doing a lot of fun stuff.

It looks like I am having a problem with the comment page on the most recent post I will try to fix it, but that may be difficult from here.

-Tim    



» Post a Comment